Beetroot and Carrot, both these nutritious vegetables are foods rich in dietary fiber; eggs contain significant amounts of protein – thus scrambled egg recipe with these two root vegetables is exceptionally nutritious.
(Source of Information: Wikipedia)
Both beetroot and egg are source of nutrient choline, a very important and versatile nutrient. I prepared bhurji by amalgamating these two foodstuffs …
- Sauté beetroot mince in sunflower oil.
- Sprinkle salt and garam masala (a roasted powder mix of spices such as coriander, cumin, black pepper, chilli, cassia leaf, cassia, clove, black cardamom, star anise, fennel seeds etc.) to meld with the beetroot mince.
- Pour whisked eggs to amalgamate with the cooked beetroot mince.
- Stir the mixture, to cook the mixture in low heat, and until the mixture gets dried up.
Savour the bhurji with Chapatti (unleavened flat wheat bread).
PEPPERY Carrot Bhurji
In this recipe of carrot bhurji, I have merged the benefits of black peppercorns and coconut meat – black peppercorns have an appetizing warm flavour and are known to treat and heal many ailments; and coconut meat is highly nutritious.
- Slightly sauté mashed pieces of garlic cloves in a mix of warm ghee (clarified butter) and vegetable oil.
- Add finely diced pieces of carrot to the warm blend.
- Add freshly ground black peppercorns (or whole black peppercorns) to the mixture.
- Dash the mixture with salt, turmeric powder and garam masala.
- Combine the mixture with fresh coconut meat mince.
- Blend adequate quantity of water with the amalgam for the carrot pieces to turn tender.
- Combine the tender pieces of carrot with whisked egg, and cook the mixture in low heat until the mixture gets dried up.
Wishing You a Wonderful Day