Cauliflower is a good source of dietary fiber, it has a high content of vitamin C, and has moderate levels of several B vitamins and vitamin K; cauliflower contains several phytochemicals – phytochemicals are non-nutritive plant chemicals that have protective or disease preventive properties.
(Source of Information: Wikipedia & http://www.phytochemicals.info)
Delicious Veg Food Recipe of Wholesome Cauliflower in Luscious-Sauce:
Quantity of vegetable: a medium cauliflower
- For the gravy/sauce: Grind pieces of a big onion, 3 medium tomatoes and a cheese cube into thick sauce.
- In adequate quantity of warm, rice bran oil (or any other mild-flavour vegetable oil) sauté the sauce until it condenses to a reasonable extent; smidgen the sauce with salt – according to preference of flavour, mix the sauce with flowerlets of the cauliflower,
- Blend the mix with ¼ tsp. of turmeric powder, ½ tsp. of kashmiri chilli powder (kashmiri chilli powder gives food soft red colour with diminutive amount of pungency – you can also opt to use any other chilli powder according to preference of flavour), and sliced pieces of a generous handful of coriander leaves; blend the mix with adequate quantity of water – according to the consistency of gravy you prefer; cook the veg mix until the cauliflower flowerlets turn tender.
Cauliflower flowerlets in the rich sauce tastes delicious with the rustic-pleasant flavour of coriander leaves.
Serving size: approx. 4
This veg food of wholesome cauliflower in luscious-sauce is an all season food recipe for healthy meal.
For healthy meal, enjoy this delicious and nutritive veg food of cauliflower gravy in a balanced diet with:
- cooked rice (preferably kolam rice) or chapatti/whole wheat bread/multigrain bread
- hard-boiled egg/omelette/fried egg
- curd (preferably at room temperature)
A healthy meal for both summer and winter season, for lunch and dinner time; a nutritious kid-friendly meal which also serves as a good option for healthy lunch box food.
Wishing You a Wonderful Day