Chickpeas are a nutrient-dense food, providing rich content of protein, dietary fibre, folate; and certain dietary minerals, such as iron and phosphorus.
(Source of Information – Wikipedia)
In this recipe, chickpeas/garbanzo beans is cooked in a lavish-sauce of roasted whole black grams – these grams are a great source of protein and dietary fibre, which makes this dish exceedingly nutritious.
The Recipe of Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans in Nutritious and Delicious Rich-Sauce of Roasted Whole Black Grams:
Quantity of chickpeas : Approximate 125gm of garbanzo beans
- Tomato paste: Grind slices of 2 medium tomatoes and slices of 1 green chilli – for mild-pungent flavour (these chillies are small and extremely slender, having fresh pungent flavour) into puree; [you can also opt to use any other variety of chilli for this recipe, according to your preference of taste]
- Onion paste: Grind slices of 3 small onions and 6 garlic cloves into paste.
- Roasted whole black gram powder: Grind 1 small cup of roasted whole black grams (peel off the outer shell of the grams before grinding) into powder.
- Soak the chickpeas for overnight; cook the chickpeas in a pressure cooker in medium heat, for up to 4 pressure cooker whistles.
- In adequate quantity of warm, any mid-flavour vegetable oil, saute the onion paste until it condenses to a reasonable degree; add tomato puree to the mixture, cook the mix until it condenses to a reasonable degree; smidgen the mix with salt – according to preference of taste, blend the mix with ¼ to ½ tsp. of turmeric powder and roasted black gram powder; add chickpea stock to the thick gravy – according to the consistency of curry/gravy to prefer, add a cheese cube to the curry, blend the cooked chickpeas to the curry and simmer the combination in low heat for about 5-10 minutes.
The curry/gravy has the rich flavour of roasted gram mixed with the taste of cheese.
Serving size : Approximately 5
This vegetarian, protein-rich food recipe of chickpeas/garbanzo beans in lavish-sauce of roasted whole black grams is an all season food recipe for healthy meal.
For healthy meal enjoy this exceedingly nutritious curry/gravy in a balanced diet with:
- cooked rice (preferably kolam rice) or chapatti/whole wheat bread/multigrain bread
- vegetable salad – preferably boiled beetroot slices
A healthy meal for both summer and winter season, for lunch and dinner time; a nutritious kid-friendly meal which also serves as a good option for healthy lunch box food.
Wishing You a Wonderful Day
CHICKPEAS IN CURD: A opulent gravy recipe of chickpeas/garbanzo beans in delicious curd and chicken stock blend
‘extremely-delicious’ Garbanzo Beans: Dry gravy food recipe of chickpeas in splendid blend of coconut meat and aagri masala – a rustic blend of spices from the Agri folks of Maharashtra
The Recipe of Fresh-Spicy Chickpea/Garbanzo Bean Curry: Garbanzo beans in sumptuous curry of pleasant fresh-spicy and slight-sweetish flavour of whole spices
Tasty, Nutritious Vegetarian Food Recipe of Brown Chickpeas Gravy/Curry: An all seasons food recipe of brown chickpeas blended with bell pepper/capsicum – a rich source of vitamin C