I prepared this green sauce/curry for chicken meat using coriander herb – herbs are plants with savory or aromatic properties that are used for flavoring and garnishing food, medicinal purposes, or for fragrances; coriander leaves are particularly rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K, with moderate content of dietary minerals. (Source: Wikipedia)
Chicken in Herb Sauce – Recipe of Delicious and Nutritious Coriander Chicken Curry:
Quantity of chicken: ½ a kg of chicken meat (preferably boneless pieces of chicken)
- For curry or gravy paste: Grind slices of 5 medium tomatoes, sliced pieces of a generous handful of coriander leaves, and pieces of a green chilli – for mild-pungent flavour (these chillies are small and extremely slender, having fresh pungent flavour) into thick sauce.
- Saute the curry paste in adequate of warm, any mild-flavour vegetable oil until the curry paste condenses to a reasonable degree, smidgen the mix with salt – according to preference of flavour, add the chicken pieces to the curry paste, blend the chicken curry with a cheese cube and ¼ tsp. of turmeric powder, mix the mixture with adequate quantity of water – according to the consistency of curry/gravy you prefer; cook the mixture until the chicken pieces turn tender.
This delicious and nutritious coriander chicken curry has pleasant-fresh herb taste of the coriander leaves.
Serving size: Approximately 5
This delicious chicken meat in coriander herb sauce is an all season food recipe for healthy meal.
For healthy meal enjoy this chicken curry in a balanced diet with:
- cooked rice (preferably kolam rice) or chapatti/whole wheat bread/multigrain bread
- raw vegetable salad: recipe of a simple and nutritious salad – blend slices of a medium cucumber, slices of a medium tomato, and slices of half of a green capsicum, flavour the raw vegetable salad with a pinch of salt. Serving size – Approximately 2
- curd (preferably at room temperature)
A healthy meal for both summer and winter season, for lunch and dinner time; a nutritious kid-friendly meal which also serves as a good option for healthy lunch box food.
Wishing You a Wonderful Day