Spring is the season after winter and before summer, green peas is a nutrient-rich vegetable of the spring season; in this recipe, I have merged the spring vegetable of fresh green peas with green capsicum – capsicum are highly nutritious, they have more Vitamin C than an orange, and a typical bell pepper contains more than 100% of the daily recommended value for Vitamin C, they also have relatively high amounts of Vitamin B6. (Source: Wikipedia)
This tasty mix vegetable of fresh green peas and green capsicum in a nutritious gravy is an all season food recipe for healthy meal.
For healthy meal enjoy this mix veg gravy in a balanced diet with:
- cooked rice (preferably steam kolam rice) or chapatti/whole wheat bread/multigrain bread
- raw vegetable salad
- curd (preferably at room temperature)
A healthy meal for both summer and winter season, for lunch and dinner time, a nutritious kid-friendly meal which also serves as a good option for healthy lunch box food.
Tasty vegetarian food recipe for spring season with fresh green peas and green capsicum:
Quantity of legume: ½ kg of green pea pods
- Onion Paste: Grind slices of 2 medium onions and 5 garlic cloves into fine paste using adequate quantity of water.
- Tomato Paste: Grind slices of 3 medium tomatoes and 1 green chilli – for mild-pungent flavour (these chillies are small and extremely slender, having fresh pungent flavour) into puree.
- In adequate quantity of warm, any mild-flavour vegetable oil, saute the onion paste until it condenses to a reasonable degree, smidgen the mix with salt – according to preference of flavour, add the tomato puree to the mixture, cook the mix until the mixture condenses to a reasonable degree; merge the mixture with fresh green peas and thin slices of 2 medium green capsicums; blend the vegetable mix with ¼ tsp. of turmeric powder, blend the vegetable mixture with adequate quantity of water for thick gravy; cook the mix veg until the green peas turn tender.
The flavor of this nutritious gravy is mild-spicy, pleasant-sweet with mild-flavour of green capsicum
Serving size – Approximately 4
Wishing You a Wonderful Day