The Recipe of Delicious Gravy of Dry White Peas and Prawns:
Quantity of main ingredients:
- Dry white peas – a small full cup (about 125 gm)
- Prawns – a generous handful
- Soak the dry white peas in water for overnight; cook the dry peas using a pressure cooker.
- Marinate the cleaned prawns for at least 15-20 minutes in:
- Smidgen of salt – according to preference of taste
- ½ tsp. of turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp. of sambhar masala [a non-pungent powdered spice mix, this spice powder mix is a blend of these ingredients: coriander, chilli, fenugreek, cumin, curry leaves, edible common salt, Bengal gram, green gram, black gram, black pepper, cassia bark, turmeric, asafoetida and refined cottonseed oil ]
- ¼ tsp. of tikhalal chilli powder for mild-pungent flavour – this chilli powder has high level of pungency and gives food bright red colour (or any other chilli powder – according to preference of flavour)
- In adequate quantity of warm, any mild-flavour vegetable oil, sauté mashed pieces of 8 garlic cloves; when the garlic pieces turn tad-brown in colour, add finely sliced pieces of 3 small onions; when the onion pieces turn translucent in colour, add finely sliced pieces of 3 small tomatoes; when the mixture melts, add the marinated prawns; blend the cooked peas with par-cooked prawns, add adequate quantity of peas stock – according to the consistency of gravy you prefer; cook the mix until the prawns are cooked.
This is moderate spicy-hot gravy; the flavour of the prawns imparts a wonderful seafood essence to the gravy.
Serving size – Approximately 4
Wishing You a Wonderful Day
Other Delicious Food Recipes: