Cardamom has a strong, unique taste, with an intensely aromatic fragrance; cardamom is the world’s third-most expensive spice. (Source: Wikipedia)
The Recipe of Delicious Chicken Gravy:
Quantity of chicken meat = 1 kg
- In adequate quantity of warm, cow’s ghee (clarified butter); in low heat, sauté chicken meat pieces (you can also opt to use boneless chicken meat pieces for this recipe), smidgen the mix with salt – according to preference of taste,
- Blend the blend with 5 green cardamons (open the cardamom pods, add the seeds as well as pieces of the cardamom pods) – for mild cardamom flavour,
- Add ¼ or ½ tsp. of turmeric powder, and pieces of 2 green chillies (these chillies are small and extremely slender, having fresh pungent flavour) – for mild pungent flavour,
- When the chicken meat pieces are par-cooked, add the mix with freshly grated coconut meat from half shell of a medium size coconut, add the blend with adequate quantity of water – if required,
- When the chicken meat is cooked, you can opt to increase the heat to cook the mix to semi-dry gravy or dry gravy.
This chicken meat gravy has a fantastic, pleasant cardamom-coconut flavour.
Serving size – Approximately 5
Wishing You A Wonderful Day