This easy, tasty & healthy chicken curry is prepared using buttermilk; in Ayurveda, buttermilk is considered an extremely beneficial food for human health.
Quantity: About 3/4 kg chicken meat
Marinate the chicken pieces for 20-30 minutes in:
- 1/2 liter buttermilk,
- 1/4 tsp. of turmeric powder,
- 1/2 tsp. of any garam masala – according to preference of flavour ( – my preference of garam masala for this recipe is malvani garam masala),
- Salt – according to preference of taste.
- Sauté finely sliced pieces of a big onion in adequate quantity of warm, any mild-flavour, vegetable oil,
- Add finely sliced pieces of two medium tomatoes to the translucent onion mixture,
- Add finely sliced pieces of two green chillies to the mixture for mild-pungent flavour – these chillies are tiny and slender, with fresh pungent flavour,
- Blend the mixture with finely mashed pieces of a small piece of a ginger root,
- Combine the mixture with marinated chicken pieces and the marinade, and cook the chicken curry in low heat until the chicken pieces become soft,
- Blend the warm curry with two tbsp. of dry fenugreek leaves/kasoori methi – slightly warm dry fenugreek leaves/kasoori methi in a non-stick pan, slightly crush the fenugreek leaves by hand before blending the dry fenugreek leaves with the curry.
Serving size: Approximately 4
Wishing You a Wonderful Day
The Recipe of (Creamy&Delicious) ChickenCurry
Coconuts are highly nutritious and rich in fibre, vitamins and minerals. For making curry paste I usually include coconut meat, in this recipe I experimented merging the benefits of buttermilk with the flavour and nutrients of coconut meat.