Ghol fish (or Jewfish): The scientific name is Protonibea Diacanthus, a type of croakers, a large saltwater fish found primarily in shallow tropical waters. Jewfish is considered amongst the most-expensive variety of the marine fish.
This fish cum vegetable gravy is amazingly tasty mainly because of the flavour of white cooking vinegar.
Quantity of ghol fish or jewfish: 8 thick pieces
- Sauté finely sliced pieces of 3 small onions in adequate quantity of warm, any mild-flavor vegetable oil; add mashed pieces of 8-10 garlic cloves, and smidgen the mixture with salt – according to preference of taste,
- Blend the translucent onion mixture with finely sliced pieces of 2 medium tomatoes, pieces of one green chilli for mild pungent flavour, and sliced pieces of a handful of curry leaves,
- Combine the mixture with finely sliced pieces of 3 small potatoes and finely sliced pieces of a small cauliflower,
- Blend the mixture with 1 tsp. of any garam masala – according to preference of taste, 1 tsp. of turmeric powder, 4 tbsp. of white cooking vinegar – this vinegar has a sweet-tangy flavour, and 2 ½ glass of water,
- When the vegetable pieces are par-cooked, add the ghol fish/jewfish pieces to the gravy; cook the fish pieces in the vegetable-gravy mixture for 10 minutes in low heat.
Serving size: Approximately 4
Wishing You a Very Wonderful Day
Fish Curry Recipes: (Quick Indian recipes – Easy,healthy,delicious) Fish curries are irresistible, and here are four such recipes … masalahealth.com/fish-curry-recipes
SYLVIA MIRANDA – YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFuv9m2cRHanO_Fzmsqq05A