Ghol fish (or Jewfish): The scientific name is Protonibea Diacanthus, a type of croakers, a large saltwater fish found primarily in shallow tropical waters. Jewfish is considered amongst the most-expensive variety of the marine fish.
This fish cum vegetable gravy is amazingly tasty mainly because of the flavour of white cooking vinegar.
Quantity of ghol fish or jewfish: 8 thick pieces
- Sauté finely sliced pieces of 3 small onions in adequate quantity of warm, any mild-flavor vegetable oil; add mashed pieces of 8-10 garlic cloves, and smidgen the mixture with salt – according to preference of taste,
- Blend the translucent onion mixture with finely sliced pieces of 2 medium tomatoes, pieces of one green chilli for mild pungent flavour, and sliced pieces of a handful of curry leaves,
- Combine the mixture with finely sliced pieces of 3 small potatoes and finely sliced pieces of a small cauliflower,
- Blend the mixture with 1 tsp. of any garam masala – according to preference of taste, 1 tsp. of turmeric powder, 4 tbsp. of white cooking vinegar – this vinegar has a sweet-tangy flavour, and 2 ½ glass of water,
- When the vegetable pieces are par-cooked, add the ghol fish/jewfish pieces to the gravy; cook the fish pieces in the vegetable-gravy mixture for 10 minutes in low heat.
Serving size: Approximately 4
Wishing You a Very Wonderful Day
Intellectual Property Fees
I am Sylvia Miranda, the author of the blog masalahealth.com: A blog of innovative and healthy food recipes written in an unorthodox format. I am a recipe developer. I have an inherent ability to create recipes with new flavours using natural ingredients — I create both vegetarian and non-vegetarian recipes, for this I usually use less number of ingredients to keep the recipe simple and easy, which are certainly tasty and are beneficial to health in general. Each recipe is written according to my awareness of the recipe when I create it, in a writing skill which is very easy for the reader to comprehend.
Fish Curry Recipes: (Quick Indian recipes – Easy,healthy,delicious) Fish curries are irresistible, and here are four such recipes … masalahealth.wordpress.com/fish-curry-recipes
SYLVIA MIRANDA – YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFuv9m2cRHanO_Fzmsqq05A