Cumin is the dried seed of the herb Cuminum cyminum. Cumin seed (jeera) is used as a spice for its distinctive flavour and aroma; and also for its medicinal properties. It is globally popular and an essential flavouring in many cuisines.
In this recipe, I have blended chicken pieces with the flavour and benefits of cumin seeds.
- In adequate quantity of warm sunflower oil, add:
- A tsp. full of cumin seeds
- Pieces of (4) guntur chillies – these are small, sundried chillies and are plum red in colour; and have a likable flavour along with high level of spiciness
- Finely sliced pieces of (3 medium) tomatoes
- Finely sliced pieces of a handful of spring onion greens
- Salt – according to preference of taste
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- A tsp. of garam masala
- Add the chicken pieces (about half a kg) and finely sliced pieces of baby potatoes (about 250gm) to the melted blend.
Once the meat pieces turn tender, enjoy the warm mixture.
Happy Eating ♥