This pulao is flavoured with butter & whole spices; and enriched with textured or texturized vegetable protein.
Textured or texturized vegetable protein (TVP) also known as textured soy protein (TSP), soy meat, or soya chunks is a defatted soy flour product, a by-product of extracting soybean oil; was invented by the agricultural commodities and food processing company Archer Daniels Midland in the 1960s.
The recipe of this luscious pulao:
Quantity of soya chunks – one full big cup (about 100g)
- Take 3 cups of water and completely immerse 1 cup of soya chunks in it.
- Add a pinch of salt and cook it for about 5 minutes until the chunks turn spongy in texture.
- Rinse the cooked chunks in cold water (2 – 3 times) and squeeze dry the chunks for further use.
- In a blend of generous quantity of (pasteurized, salted) butter and slight amount of sunflower oil , sauté fine slices of (3 medium) onions, add pieces of (3) bay leaves , pieces of (3) Guntur chillies and green cardamom (4 pods) , salt (according to preference of taste).
- Blend fresh green peas (about 500g) with the mixture of translucent onion slices and whole spices, when the peas are par-cooked add 2 cups of rice, blend 3 cups of water with the mixture, once the rice is par-cooked add cooked and sliced pieces of soya chunks; cover the utensil and let the water evaporate.
Happy Eating ♥