Fish is high in minerals such as zinc, iodine and selenium; is also a source of vitamin A and D.
Peanut oil, also known as groundnut oil, has a strong peanut flavour and aroma which beautifully combines with food for a tasty delight.
I decided to prepare dry gravy for my purchase of a medium bowl full of small creamy white fish with a silvery strip at the centre, by combining the fish with the flavour of groundnut oil.
- Add a tsp. of mustard seeds and ½ a tsp. of fenugreek seeds to adequate quantity of groundnut oil.
- When the mustard seeds begin to crackle sauté finely sliced pieces of (4 small) onions.
- Add finely sliced pieces of (3 big) tomatoes to the translucent onion pieces.
- Add the fish – marinated in salt, a tsp. of turmeric powder, a tsp. of kashmiri chilli powder, a tsp. of malvani garam masala or ordinary garam masala and lemon juice according to preference of taste; to the melted mixture.
These fishes get immediately cooked in less than 5 minutes.
- Add finely grated shreds of coconut meat (from half of the coconut shell) to the cooked mixture
Happy Eating ♥