Seafood is consumed all over the world; it provides the world’s prime source of high-quality protein and over one billion people rely on seafood as their primary source of animal protein.( Source: Wikipedia)
Prawns are small sea animals with a shell and ten legs.
Potatoes are a very popular food source, the number one vegetable crop in the world.
The combination of potato and prawns is never dull, and the sprinkle of malvani garam masala transforms the combination remarkably incredible.
- Marinate a handful of prawns in ½ a tsp. of turmeric powder (– turmeric is a known antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic agent).
- In a mix of mustard oil and ghee (- adequate quantity):
- Add ½ a tsp. of mustard seeds and less than ½ a tsp. of fenugreek seeds,
- Add finely sliced pieces of (3 medium) onions to the crackling mustard seeds and add salt ( – according to preference),
- Blend pieces of potatoes (about ½ kg) with the translucent onion pieces,
- Add finely sliced pieces of (3 medium) tomatoes to the mixture,
- Add 1 tsp. of kashmiri chilli powder, 1 tsp. of malvani garam masala ( – feel free to manipulate with these spice powders according to preference of taste),
- Combine adequate quantity of water with the mixture for cooking the potato pieces and to form gravy,
- Add the marinated prawns to the par-cooked potato pieces, and cook the combination until tender.
Happy Eating ♥