Fish curry prepared in kachchi ghani mustard oil with plentiful sprinkle of curry leaves and coriander leaves has an overwhelming flavour.
“ The term kachchi ghani refers to filtered oil which is extracted by cold pressing the seed; mustard oil (sarson ka tel) is a vegetable oil and is obtained from seeds of the mustard plant”.
- Marinate the fish pieces (about 20) in a tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Saturate a lime sized ball of tamarind in a glass full of water.
- Grind these ingredients into curry paste using tamarind water:
- Finely grated shreds of coconut meat ( from half of the coconut shell)
- Pieces of 4 small onions
- 7 to 10 garlic cloves
- A small share of ginger root
- Two green chillies (or more according to your preference of taste)
- Pieces of 4 small tomatoes
- In 15 Tbs.of kachchi ghani mustard oil:
- Sauté the curry paste for few seconds ,
- Add salt (according to preference),
- Add finely chopped pieces of curry leaves and coriander leaves (according to preference),
- Dilute the curry paste according to desired consistency using the tamarind water,
- Add the marinated fish pieces in the warm curry.
It takes about 10 minutes for the fish to cook in low heat.
Happy Eating ♥
Intellectual Property Fees
I am Sylvia Miranda, the author of the blog masalahealth.com: A blog of innovative and healthy food recipes written in an unorthodox format. I am a recipe developer. I have an inherent ability to create recipes with new flavours using natural ingredients — I create both vegetarian and non-vegetarian recipes, for this I usually use less number of ingredients to keep the recipe simple and easy, which are certainly tasty and are beneficial to health in general. Each recipe is written according to my awareness of the recipe when I create it, in a writing skill which is very easy for the reader to comprehend.