The scientific name of Ghol fish is Protonibea Diacanthus, a type of croaker, is considered amongst the most-expensive variety of the marine fish.
The secret of crafting different curry paste is in the ability of manipulating the ingredients to create a new flavour.
The recipe of this distinctive flavoursome fish curry:
- Curry Paste ( for 10 thick pieces of Ghol or Jew fish):-
- Chopped pieces of (3 medium) onions, garlic cloves (a small garlic pod), and chopped pieces of ginger (a small share of ginger), half teaspoon of black peppercorns. Roast these ingredients in a non-stick skillet until the onion slices turn light brown in colour; using water grind these ingredients into a smooth paste.
- Finely grated shreds of coconut cream (half of the coconut shell); roast the grated coconut cream on a non-stick skillet until light brown, using water grind the roasted coconut cream into a smooth paste.
- Chopped pieces of (3 medium) tomatoes, grind the tomato pieces into puree.
- In about 15 tablespoon of warm vegetable oil add: half a teaspoon of methi or fenugreek seeds, pieces of two star anise, the onion paste, the coconut paste, half teaspoon of turmeric powder, a teaspoon of kashmiri chilli powder , salt according to preference, few curry leaves and the tomato puree.
- Add water to dilute the curry paste according to desired consistency.
- Add the fish pieces to the warm curry.(It takes about 10 minutes for the fish to cook in low heat.)
- Enhance the flavour of the curry with sprinkle of lemon juice.
Happy Eating ♥
Intellectual Property Fees
I am Sylvia Miranda, the author of the blog masalahealth.com: A blog of innovative and healthy food recipes written in an unorthodox format. I am a recipe developer. I have an inherent ability to create recipes with new flavours using natural ingredients — I create both vegetarian and non-vegetarian recipes, for this I usually use less number of ingredients to keep the recipe simple and easy, which are certainly tasty and are beneficial to health in general. Each recipe is written according to my awareness of the recipe when I create it, in a writing skill which is very easy for the reader to comprehend.