Split mung beans are a source of low-fat protein; and Eggs are a source of incredible protein – I integrated the two foodstuffs …
- Soak the split mung beans in water for about 30 minutes before cooking.
- Fry slices of onions in a combine of butter and vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle salt and asafoetida (hing) powder; add turmeric & chilli powder, and garam masala to the fried onion slices.
- Enrich the blend with sliced pieces of tomatoes, and finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix the soaked beans to the melted mixture.
- Pour adequate quantity of warm water to the mixture.
- After the dal gets cooked, poach in eggs – crack eggs individually in a cup to slowly drop the egg into the dal, and let it poach for about 10 to 15 minutes in low heat.
Happy Eating ♥