Paratha is a flat, thick piece of unleavened bread commonly made from whole wheat flour – with methi (fenugreek) leaves the paratha is fused with calcium, potassium, phosphorus, iron and vitamin K and paneer (cottage cheese) adds a spirited boost of calcium.
The recipe of plain paratha with methi & paneer:
- To whole wheat flour add salt, finely chopped methi leaves and finely grated shreds of paneer.
- Pour water and knead the mix into dough.
- With dribble of vegetable oil knead the dough for a smooth consistency.
- Roll the dough into equal medium sized balls.
- Roll the dough balls into medium sized flat rounds by sprinkling whole wheat flour over it.
- Roast it on a frying pan and apply slim spread of ghee on both the sides.
Caution: Should be indulged with a thick layer of butter.
Intellectual Property Fees
I am Sylvia Miranda, the author of the blog masalahealth.com: A blog of innovative and healthy food recipes written in an unorthodox format. I am a recipe developer. I have an inherent ability to create recipes with new flavours using natural ingredients — I create both vegetarian and non-vegetarian recipes, for this I usually use less number of ingredients to keep the recipe simple and easy, which are certainly tasty and are beneficial to health in general. Each recipe is written according to my awareness of the recipe when I create it, in a writing skill which is very easy for the reader to comprehend.