Jeera or cumin seeds are a good source of B-complex vitamins, anti-oxidant vitamins such as vitamin E and vitamin A.
An appetizing recipe to cook rice with a generous sprinkle of cumin seeds:
- Fry finely chopped onion pieces, pieces of star anise, black peppercorns and cumin seeds in a mix of vegetable oil and butter.
- Add pieces of snake gourd.
- Complement salt and a pinch of turmeric powder to the par cooked pieces of snake gourd.
- Add rice and cubes of paneer (cottage cheese) to the blend.
- Pour water into the mixture (1 bowl of rice = 1 and ½ bowl of water) and cover the utensil and let the water evaporate.
Happy Eating! (… It’s authentically pure)