Jeera or cumin seeds are a good source of B-complex vitamins, anti-oxidant vitamins such as vitamin E and vitamin A.
An appetizing recipe to cook rice with a generous sprinkle of cumin seeds:
- Fry finely chopped onion pieces, pieces of star anise, black peppercorns and cumin seeds in a mix of vegetable oil and butter.
- Add pieces of snake gourd.
- Complement salt and a pinch of turmeric powder to the par cooked pieces of snake gourd.
- Add rice and cubes of paneer (cottage cheese) to the blend.
- Pour water into the mixture (1 bowl of rice = 1 and ½ bowl of water) and cover the utensil and let the water evaporate.
Happy Eating! (… It’s authentically pure)
Intellectual Property Fees
I am Sylvia Miranda, the author of the blog masalahealth.com: A blog of innovative and healthy food recipes written in an unorthodox format. I am a recipe developer. I have an inherent ability to create recipes with new flavours using natural ingredients — I create both vegetarian and non-vegetarian recipes, for this I usually use less number of ingredients to keep the recipe simple and easy, which are certainly tasty and are beneficial to health in general. Each recipe is written according to my awareness of the recipe when I create it, in a writing skill which is very easy for the reader to comprehend.