Upma is a popular South Indian breakfast prepared by roasting semolina. This is one among the many simplest methods to prepare upma and one of the delicious too:
- Roast the semolina till it turns tad brown in colour.
- Chuck mustard seeds to the mix of vegetable oil and ghee, when it begins to crackle fry thinly sliced pieces of onions till it turns slight pinkish in colour and add salt to it.
- Toss in thinly sliced pieces of tomatoes and coriander leaves.
- Flow the roasted semolina over the melted blend and stir the mixture.
- Pour warm water to completely cover the mixture.
- Adjust the flame to low heat. Once the semolina swells up in quantity to dry up the water – the upma is ready.
Happy Eating! (… You will like it)