I believe Toor Dal (split pigeon peas) is the tastiest of all the lentils. It has a rich flavour that leaves you awestruck. Try it out:
- Sauté roughly chopped tomatoes and (green) capsicum in oil.
- Enhance in hing (asafoetida) powder, chilli and turmeric powder along with salt and mix up the mixture.
- Soak Toor dal in water for about 30 minutes before blending it in with the mixture.
- Pour warm water over the blend. This dal swells up in its form … you need to add warm water at regular intervals so that it does not stick to the base of the utensil or you can opt to use a Pressure Cooker to cook this dal, pour water about twice the quantity of the blend and cook it in low flame for around 15 minutes.
- Once this dal totally flattens out, the Toor mania is ready for relish.
HAPPY EATING! (Awesome … you won’t deny)
Intellectual Property Fees
I am Sylvia Miranda, the author of the blog masalahealth.com: A blog of innovative and healthy food recipes written in an unorthodox format. I am a recipe developer. I have an inherent ability to create recipes with new flavours using natural ingredients — I create both vegetarian and non-vegetarian recipes, for this I usually use less number of ingredients to keep the recipe simple and easy, which are certainly tasty and are beneficial to health in general. Each recipe is written according to my awareness of the recipe when I create it, in a writing skill which is very easy for the reader to comprehend.